- Emotional and creative expression: develops and encourages expression of all kinds of experience non-verbally; then enhances creative self-expression; develops creativity.
- Emotional release: helps us let go of troubled feelings, physical tension, frustration & sadness.
- Develops memory and increases concentration and attention: by learning to play structured rhythms, long & short-term memory skills are exercised and extended.
- Self-discovery: facilitates learning about desires, fears, personal issues, skills, limitations, and intentions.
- Develops right brain hemisphere functioning: emotions, creativity, intuition, sound & visual.
- ‘Hemispheric synchrony’ /mental clarity: balancing the right & left brain hemispheres results in theta brainwave states which calm, soothe and expand heightened awareness & creativity.
- Group/community awareness: we learn to co-operate with others to make music, this leads to feeling heard…
View original post 187 more words